Another milestone met this week for Tori. We have been diligently working the last couple weeks to get her nursery transformed into a big girl room, and finally have it completed. We went to IKEA last night and purchased her new bed; an extendable bed frame that will grow with her from a toddler size bed into a regular twin size bed. Ej excitedly assembled the bed last night, and Tori was eager to climb right up. So, down went the crib and Tori spent her first night in her new bed. She pretty much went right to sleep and slept for an hour. Then she woke up a couple more times in the night and needed lots of snuggles but for the most part spent the whole night cozy in her big girl bed. I snapped these pictures before she woke up this morning.

This morning after she was up, I finished getting her room put together with her new bedding, and new table.
She has been having fun playing in her new room. Was fascinated with her table and stools, and has enjoyed sitting down and coloring as well as carrying the stools through out the house.

So far so good with the transition into the new bedroom. Here's hoping that it lasts as successfully as it has started. Next on the agenda - celebrating her 2nd birthday on Saturday!
2 comments:
It looks AWESOME! I know you guys have been excitedly working very hard to get it all put together. You've done a great job. What a lucky girl to have such a cool big girl room. I'm jealous!!!
I'm also interested to see what Jilly thinks of this new room since she seems to spend a lot of time in it too when she's visiting.
Oh My Goodness!!!! Emily would have (and still would) kill me if I made her room pink. I would have loved to have done something like you did and seeing my dream come to life in Tori's room makes me smile! Great job you two!
Post a Comment